Did you marry the kind of guy you thought you would?

If you think back to before you were with your hubby, is he the kind of guy you envisioned marrying? Mine isn't. I love him to death, but when I think back, I was always into the artistic guys. I was big in theatre, so I was always with and into those kinds of guys. My hubby is more manly.. he's not the poetic type. So what about you?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 4:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That personality and sense of humor makes a ton of difference..him lacking either of them would have been a definite deal breaker. I also thought he was very brave..lol. A friend of mine and I were in a Navy bar looking for someone (anyone) who was on the Nimitz - we had never even been to a Navy town before (no, REALLY, we hadn't) We had seen the ship come in on the news in Seattle and decided we needed to get a tour. Well, we were the only two girls in the bar. We only had one requirement - the guy had to be on the Nimitz - Can you believe - a ship with a crew the size of a town and not one guy was in the bar! And here was this skinny kid - he was six years younger, but he looked like he was in Jr High - from a submarine, he just kept coming back, no matter how many times I swatted him away. very much like a mosquito. Finally got me to play darts with him and his friends. Nineteen years later, still married to him.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i was always into the bad boy thug types and my hubby is not at all like that lol he is goofy and country he is the whitest black man i ever seen lol but i love him with all my heart and wouldnt trade him for nobody well maybe ll cool j lol j/k
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 4:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes and no. With the no....I just never thought I would marry a guy that would be in the military ( I just kind of thought I would end up marrying someone whom I graduated college with or something). The yes part I did envision on being treated like a princess....for which I am =] lol! All in all I do not think I could ask for a better husband!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 4:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my hubby is not my "type", but he is the only guy I was ever friends with before dating. so maybe my "type" is just wrong, lol. to be honest, at first I didn't find him very attractive, it was just his personality and his sense of humor that drew me in. He turned out to be a really good friend, and the care that he gave me, just in being friends, made me see him as possibly more.
    before him, I had never dated a guy outside my own race. i don't think that matters at all, but it was different for me, and interesting. he is the first "manly man" i had ever dated as well. i used to hate the physical things about a really manly guy, like body hair and whatnot, but since knowing him, that hasn't been such a big deal for me. I guess I just grew to find him attractive. I wouldn't trade him for the word...even if he's not my "type", he is my perfect match.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 4:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Aside from the money part, yes.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 6:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No. I married a man that is extremely good looking and affectionate, never thought I would have that, I'm LUCKY!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I never thought i would get married. met my hub when i was 11 and he was 14. I was in love with him from the first time i saw him. When i turned 18(Jan2003) we started dating, he proposed in September and were married onDecember 27th, 2003. Hes everything i never thought id have and everything im glad to have. So..the man i married is better than i ever thought id get:)
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 9:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well.. I'm not married, but I might as well be. He is definately not the type I thought I would be with when I was a child. I would never trade him...
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 10:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I thought I would marry the knight on horseback LOL! Literally. I'm really into Ren Faires. I always thought I would get the strong, chivalrous, manly man. My husband is nothing like that. He's never been fishing (yet lived 1 mile from a river is whole life.) We always joke that I would be the one beating someone's ass if they messed with our son. I'm the warrior and he's the laid back hubby lol!
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• oh no...he was never my type. i was into musicians mostly or other actors. steve was in band in high school but thats the closest he got to being a musician. i was into pretty boys, which he isdefinitely not! he's hot to me, but doesn't have the pretty face...he's more rugged. he's also not the romantic guy. he has his moments but it doesn't happen often! despite him not being at all what i envisioned...i love him anyway!
    bella0522

Answer by bella0522 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009