I have 168 dollars for food to last 3 weeks

With this I must buy enabled grown SS his daily 2 liter of soda so that's 21 dollars out of my 168. I also must keep his chips stocked.

I have a freezer full of veggies. I have 4 pkgs of chicken, 4 lbs of ground turkey and one pkg of ground beef. I have a bunch of canned corn too.

I have to send lunch to school for my daughter at least twice per week, so I need to get a few items for her lunch.

Can you help me, with these requirements, get by for 3 weeks. I just need to make breakfast on the weekends for 3 people and cook dinner each night. I need fruit, milk and bread too. Basics basically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Shopping

• What will happen if you do not buy him the soda and chips?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Oh no. He must have Dr. Pepper. He wouldn't drink a home made soda. Plus it would require him to do something for himself and that's a big no no in the family. I'm lucky he at least wipes his own ass.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• peanut butter, bread, eggs, rice, pasta, potatoes, more ground beef, pancake mix, cheese, tortillas, refried beans (or beans to make them)...

why does he drink a 2 liter of soda a DAY? YIKES- and how many chips does he eat?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• He will steal the change DH hides, ask for money for fountains, which are much more expensive. He will call his grandma crying and she will drive to town 100 miles to get it for him. Worse case scenario he throws fits. He's a bitch to live with if we don't buy it for him. dH makes me to keep the peace,

He's a 26 yr old brat that hasn't ever worked, sleeps until 5 or 6 every day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Great ideas Charlots! Thanks.

He eats a big bag of tortilla chips per day. He won't eat what I cook usually so his basic thing is nachoes. I gotta get a 2 lb block of cheese per week too for him. That's another 7 bucks per week.

I'm lucky he's back down to one 2 liter a day. He was drinking 3 per day. Sometimes still does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I'm surprised that manchild sleeps at all if he drinks that much soda. Charlotte gave you some good ideas. Also, spaghetti and sauce, a big pot of chili, or gravy and pasta.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Just 3 people in the family?? You are in great shape!! Buy a bunch of eggs, oatmeal, english muffins, bagels - for breakfast; bread, fruit, lunch meats for daughters lunch. Then add some pasta, rice, and potatoes and you are set for your dinners! (I have $40 for next week for our family of eight. Granted, I stocked up two weeks ago which is why I have so little for this week. I just need milk, eggs, cheese, fruit, and veggies and will fill in with what I have in the house - pasta, rice, meats).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Is there a reason a MAN my age is living at home being a lazy bum?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Yeah the son wouldn't be getting a damn thing except what I make.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Also, some farmers markets are still booming with homegrowns if you need them! I had sandwiches for lunch with bread, whipped cream cheese, garlic salt, and cucumbers... They're my absolute favorite! : )

Soups. They come in all shapes and sizes, and you can change them up by adding different "cream of _____" soups to them. I like cheddar cheese soup with onion and ground meat (I prefer turkey's taste, personally... burger and sausage are as good) We make nachos with them one night, then I make the leftovers a sort of "chowder." and serve with crackers.

I do a roast with potatoes and carrots, then make the leftovers into beef and noodles or barbecue beef sandwiches... hot beef sandwiches...

Just about anything you prepare, you can add noodles for a whole new dish! : )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2013