Son is deploying...im trying so hard not cry

My son is deploying in may, but he say he have to leave at the end of this month for training. they will be there for 6 months to train for Afghanistan, but wont be back. honestly, i thought it was 2 months and that their unit will leave next year to train since they leave in may. i enjoyed the time home with him. since when did they start training so early and so long? this is his first deployment, and my son is gonna be gone for a year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Military

• It hurts, but join other mothers in your situation try this link   http://www.give2thetroops.org/

Staying busy helps.

by2013

Answer by by2013 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• : (
    Hang in there Mama....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I can't even imagine how hard it must be. It's cold comfort, I'm sure, but I pray for those soldiers in Afghanistan every single day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• My oldest son deployed to Iraq twice and it was the worst fear I ever had!
    I would sleep in his room, listen to old voice mail messages just to hear him. I was a HUGE MESS!

Focus your energy and thoughts on work, family, friends..anything to keep your mind busy.
    No one truly understands if they haven't walked in your shoes so don't expect them too but your family and your friends are your biggest supporters!
    Put packages together for him. You can go to the post office and get flat rate boxes. Fill them up with jerkey, candy, magazines, things he'll enjoy plus things for the other troop members.
    My sons 1st tour was in the summer and I sent an inflatable pool, a ton of squirt guns. :), a football, frisbie etc. They loved it!
    PM me anytime you want to talk.
    Hugs mama! It'll be hard but you will be fine, I promise and so will he.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2013