Wtf is going on?!

I have a doctor's appointment but they couldn't get me in til next week so.....wtf is going on with me? I am hot ALL THE TIME and lately my feet, all the way up to my knees, are swelling like they did when I was pregnant. I am in no way, shape or form pregnant. Do you think maybe hormone changes? That happens when you hit your 30s right? I'm just tired of being hot all the damn time. Any clue on what's going on?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Health

• There a a few serious things that can cause swelling of the lower extremities. Is there a nurse hotline on the back of your insurance card? They might know what questions to ask you in specific.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I agree, I would call a nurse hotline to get some ideas of what is going on and fast. you don't want to play around with your legs being swollen
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 5:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• It is some kind of edema, you need to go to an Urgent care center, or call your doc back, and tell them what is going on, this could be anything from heart problems to a blood clot, so for goodness sakes, call your primary and tell them what is happening, in the mean time drink lots of water, elevate your feet, and you may want to take an ice bath.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Think it could be related to my rheumatoid arthritis?
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• From what I read it could be related to high blood pressure, blood clots, heart failure, kidney failure, pregnancy, venous insufficiency and preeclampsia. In the mayo clinic site it also mentions NSAIDs, so if you take those for the arthritis then that could be part the cause. It just seems like there are too many serious issues that cause it. Better safe than sorry.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• It could definitely be related to rheumatoid arthritis, among other things. I hope you feel better soon, and I agree, call your doctor back and at least give the office a heads-up that something serious is going on.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2013