Colorado Mommas!!

Stay safe with all the flooding!

To make a question: any one in flood areas or come across floods while out?

saphire_eyes802

Asked by saphire_eyes802 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My SIL's work parking lot in Boulder is completely flooded. And there are some areas very close to my house are flooded, including the park across the street from my older kids' high school. There bus had to take an alternate route home.

This is near downtown Denver. It's a bike path that is lower than the streets, next to a creek.

The numbers are completely staggering. We've gotten a year's worth of rain in less than a 24 hr. period. As of 11 am I heard that the rain totals were equivalent to 100, yes, that's 100 inches of snow.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Yes- please check in when you can. And stay safe.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Try to stay dry. If you can figure out how, send the excess water to Texas. We are short of rain these days.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• It's pretty hairy. They've closed several major highways near where I live. There have been a few people killed, mostly when there cars were swept away, and some of the towns in the foothills are being evacuated by helicopter because the roads are impassable. Many, many people have flooded basements. I'm glad I've got no basement at all, but my porch roof is leaking so badly it's sort of folded in the middle like a canoe. I can't get the condo maintenance to come out here and fix it--the joys of HOA membership. It's serious ark-building weather. I'm praying for everybody who will be traveling to the funeral tomorrow afternoon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• My end of town has had off and on street flooding, but could be a lot worse. Right now streets are clear, but all the culverts and retention zones are over-full of water... and there is more rain on the way.

saphire_eyes802

Comment by saphire_eyes802 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2013