Orphaned kittens when to wean and bathroom question

My husband found 4 kittens at his work on Monday we did take them to the vet to see how old they were. They said they were 2 weeks old so almost 3 weeks now. But they aren't pooping on there own yet or peeing. I did get one of them to poop but the other three I can't get to go I use a warm damp cloth. At what age should they go on their own? Also when can I start to wean them and how do I go about it?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Pets

• They wont go to the bathroom on their own you have to help them do that. Hold them over a sink and with a damp cotton ball or even paper towel gently whip their but and pee area until they go. it ma take a little while for them to poop but it should work. I have had to do it a few times myself. I have a now 7 week old kitten that was also found at 2 weeks that I had to do it with. I also have a cat that it now 4 years old that I got at 3 days old.
    jaycam

Answer by jaycam at 4:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• you can start to wean them at about 6 weeks of age made 5 depending on the kitten and get either can kitten food or dry kitten food but you must add water to make it soft and when they get hungry instead of giving them a bottle try the food. when they get hungry enough they will eat it. However if they go to long without eating then you may want to give them the bottle and just keep trying with the regular food. The kitten I have now started to go to the bathroom on her own at about 4 to 5 weeks. I got very lucky with her because I have a female cat that had a litter of her own a year ago and she took over the bathroom and cleaning part and I just had to do the feeding.
    jaycam

Answer by jaycam at 4:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I been stimulating them they do pee they just haven't pooped yet and we have had them since Monday we'll one has pooped
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Where are you keeping them? What are you feeding them, one of my cats was abandoned, and trust me the poop is little, lol! Just like formula fed babies, kittens may have an explosion of poop every 2 tot 3 days, PM me if you would like advice on how to do it. I imagine they are responsive etc?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2013