Filling out a resume

I have been a SAHM for the last 15 years. I was young then and didn't work very much from graduation until marriage. I can't remember what times I worked at which places either. Is there any need in making a resume if there is hardly anthing on it? Even fast food places want your resume now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• What have you done in the last 15 years? Volunteer organizations, leadership roles in PTA, etc? You can use that experience to highlight your skills. There are books you can check out to help with how to write it. Depending on your career goals and financial needs you may want to consider taking a few courses to update your education or taking an internship to update your skills.

Answer by missanc at 4:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Along with any volunteer work, etc look up skills resumes online and read up on using that kind of format. You have many personal skills that are important to an employer.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• You might want to approximate the year you worked there, but then list more current activities and skills.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2013