A neighbor of mine is tending a litter of stray kittens

and my kids are in love and have to visit them twice a day (the neighbor doesnt mind) she leaves them outside on her porch because the mom comes and goes to feed them. i would guess that they're around 4 weeks, their eyes are open and they are starting to walk more now.

but, they all have these clusters of black dots on their paws, some of them worse than others... and they have a hard patch on their tails also. is this mites maybe?

i was just wondering... it is sooo tempting to take one when they're ready (there is an adorable fluffy siamese one) but i really can't and shouldn't with the amount of pets i already have. but if they're disease ridden anyway i wouldnt want one, i just hope that whatever it is is easily treatable so people will want them when it's time to leave the mother.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Pets

• Yes they're cute, but they grow up. You said it yourself, you can't really do this right now. It's more vet bills, more pet food, more mess! Obviously, if you REALLY want one, then no one can talk you out of it. I know I wouldn't do it. Esp. if you have other pets & you don't know what's wrong with them yet. If it were me, I wouldn't be tempted. No matter how stinking cute they are. lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• no i really can't, lol i already have two cats, a dog, a hamster, and two fish tanks one of which is a 55 gallon. not to mention three kids, and i'm the only adult in the house. im already constantly on my toes trying to keep the house clean as it is! if i slip even one day it looks like shit. i was just wondering what those little clusters might be.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I'd call a local shelter and ask what to do with them, if anything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Fleas or mites probably. They really need to be vet checked. Before adoption they should be vaccinated and spayed/nurtured.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2013