FOX news upset that an airman is being investigated for lying to them

and FOX then reporting his story as fact. In other words, FOX is upset that a story they didn't bother to investigate or fact check got the person who lied to them in trouble, but rather than take any responsibility for publishing it, or asking the liar for an apology, they're blaming the Air Force for investigating the guy who lied.

Original FOX story that started it all

Fact-based story by a journalist who actually called the Air Force before writing anything

Follow-up by FOX blaming the USAF

(notice both FOX pieces are written by the same guy, who still apparently hasn't bothered to call the Air Force - he quotes the original liar and a local pastor, but nobody in an official military position)

Since the guy has lied, not once, but twice, about a military issue, should the USAF file suit against them?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• It seems there is very little truth in reporting anymore.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• They or Monk should go after his ass!

I do know that the Don't ask/ Don't tell policy is held in high regard.
    I felt he was being set up by his commander when asked his opinions. If that is how it happened.
    I really don't trust much of what Fox has to say anyways.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Another thing we don't ask about...

Politics
    Religion and
    Homosexuality

KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Why should Monk go after them? His lie started it all.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I read it as the reporter reporting a story he knew nothing about.
    My fault..
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I see in the first story, the reporter did have a quick paraphrase of a statement from Lackland: "A spokesperson for Lackland Air Force Base public affairs told Fox News Monk was not punished and that he was simply at the end of his assignment."

But there was no similar statement in the second story.

Of course, looking over a simple Google search for this writer, "getting it wrong" seems to be a theme.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Someone did sloppy work and wants to pass the buck. It happens all the time, everywhere; this just has turned out to be a very conspicuous case since it was reported news.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• Well those of you who know my political leaning will not be surprised that I have never been a big fan of Fox News

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• its crap like this that makes Fox New's loyal viewers/readers look like fools. but then the other big news guys arent much better...they just tend to focus on other stupid crap.

oh and no big surprise that it had to do with Christians being persecuted for hating gays...Fox News would love to get their hands on a legit story. so much so that they'll take a fake one.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2013