What do you think of Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball video?

let's address the elephant in the room... LOL. i know it's all over your FB feeds.

if you ask me, the girl has gone full retard <----just a clip from the movie Tropic Thunder, not meant to insult anyone in any way, shape of form (with the exception of Miley that is) such a shame too, she was so cute when she was younger and now she's just bat shit crazy. the licking the sledge hammer thing is a bit much.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2013 in Entertainment

• IMO, she knows what she is doing. She is playing the media and everyone. She wants attention and she is getting it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• She is young and doing what she want to do. She will calm down sonner or later.

Answer by louise2 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I have not seen it...
    I did see what her explanation of it was- and I feel like she HAD to know people were not going to get it, or were going to give her crap for it so...whatever
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• The video completely distracted me from how awesome the song really is. But you know Cher, Madonna and a handful of others have done worse I sopose.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• IMO, I actually didn't hate the song. And I could have understood nudity to accentuate the vulnerability of the lyrics.... BUT the sexualization in the video contradicted that. So instead of the nudity working toward a productive end I feel that the way she went about it (and her seeming affection for the sledgehammer) detracted from the final product.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I agree with bandgeek- I just went and watched it.

*but I don't really like the song (it's just not my thing)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• (haha, I don't like it, I just don't HATE it. I'm just glad that lyrically it's not detestable, in the revolting trash kind of way) ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I really like the song, and I feel like this video had the potential to be something good.
    If she did NOT do the VMA Twerking
    If she did NOT make out with the sledgehammer
    if she wasn't rolling around as if on a bed with a man
    Then I wouldn't have really thought too much of her being naked on a wrecking ball, because she isn't the first to do nudity in a video, but so many extenuating circumstances just perpetuate the trash.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• I don't want my kids watching it. I think she is trying desperately to become the next Madonna / Katy Perry / Lady GaGa. It's really sad.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2013

• The song is actually ok. I'm pleasantly surprised. It would be better if someone with a stronger, more powerful voice was singing it, imo. And the video... it had so much potential at the beginning, and there were parts that I actually liked. But then they kept showing Miley.

The video would have been far better had they'd shown Miley (with clothes on) in stages of this messed up relationship, the ruins of the building, even the sledgehammer could have had a place in it. I agree with the lady in The Stir... when is this girl going to stop molesting inanimate objects?!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2013