please help my 2yr has been sick for a month! what should i do?

My daughter was sick all last soon as she would get a little better the next day its worse! I have taken her to her doctor and he doctor did a physical and said shes fine just that this cold or whatever it is will take awhile to go away but it has been forever and now she coughs so hard it makes her throw up! I do not know what to do anymore! Should i take her back to her doctor since its gotten worse...but its always seems like when we go to the doctor everything is okay till we leave! She has never been this sick for so long and never had a bad cough as bad as it is!

Asked by Isabellasmom11 at 3:24 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her back to the doctor, or to another doctor if that one blows you off. A month is a long time to cough that badly. Ask about giving her something like Children's Mucinex to get the crap out of her lungs.

Answer by Ballad at 3:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Thanks! I told her doctor i had been giving her a cough medicine and she told me to stop and that they dnt reccomend giving kids her age any kind of medicine since it could just irritate their cold or virus and that it doesnt really help! And sometimes she cant breath while coughing and then sometimes she'll starting crying out of nowhere like her whole body hurts! But i will make another appointment! I hate that icant really do anything to help her!

Comment by Isabellasmom11 (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I'd take her back- and let them know it has been a month and gotten worse

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:53 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I bet she has walking pneumonia. That's exactly the symptoms my Son had & I had to take him to the Pediatrician a few times until they heard fluid in his lungs & finally gave him an antibiotic. He even became pale & had dark circles under his eyes & the Dr. dismissed it until I was adamant about him being really sick. He coughed for 8 hours straight in his sleep then vomited. I was at my wits end & all he needed was an antibiotic which he finally got. Maybe try a new Pediatrician. GL!

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• if your doc does not listen
    get new one
    and if insurance issues with getting new one- go to a walk in clinic
    this walk in clinic doc can rx some meds, then will tell you to follow up with reg ped
    and you can have anew one by then, or go back to old one with the rx from walk in doc

Answer by fiatpax at 8:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Take her back and demand to see a different doctor, good luck and I really hope she's feeling better soon

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I would find a new Dr. and get a second opinion.

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Take her back to the doctor or go to the ER and see another doctor. That it has gotten worse is enough to warrant a double check.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2013