how offen do you have sex at the age 40

Refflesia

Asked by Refflesia at 6:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• Per day? Per week? Per month? Per year?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:55 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• average probably 3 or 4 times a week

*age 45
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• As often as I did when I was 30. Why?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• LOL...for me it never changed it depends on the relationship I guess :/ and we are in our 50's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Depends on the person/s.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I'm 67 now, so I would not remember the answer to this question had I been so shallow as to have actually kept track of such things. These kinds of questions always annoy me because they make it look like we are in some kind of a competition to see who can outdo everyone else. To me, this is such an intimacy between my husband and me, that I have chosen never to discuss any part of it with anyone else. When I was a young woman, this kind of question would only have been asked by a guy who wanted to appear ultra macho. We've come a long way but not necessarily in the right direction.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:41 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I'm 38. It's every day pretty much.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• NannyB, while I agree that intimacy is something special between the couple, I'm kind of glad younger women can ask some of these questions. I think for the most part they just want to know am I okay, is my relationship okay, and what they should find out in this case is that relationships are differentl. Frequency is different for every couple from the beginning and through out their relationship, and that's normal.

I'm glad that it's okay to ask questions, and to choose whether or not to answer them. When I was younger there were so many questions that I had but was afraid to ask, even of my doctor, and I never would have asked my mother. Now I can talk more freely with my female friends and learn from their experience.....and sometimes I learning things from younger women.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• As much as I did when I was 20 and 30. Two or three times a week except for the one when aunt flo pays a visit. Sometimes more sometimes less.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• If you want a benchmark, check out the Kinsey Institute's info. They're the top sex researchers in the nation, maybe the world. http://www.iub.edu/~kinsey/resources/FAQ.html#frequency

They asked about frequency, and the highest percentage of married couples 30-39 said a few times a month to weekly. A somewhat lower number reported 2-3 times a week. Very few reported more than 3x/week.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2013