Are you taller than everyone else?

I remember when I was in school I was taller than my classmates very few were my height.
I was 5'5" and it seemed like I had to look slightly down at them it did bother me at first but now that I am a mother I never grew any more.

But now my ds12 is 5'7" he has the same thing going on I look at his friends and they're like 5'3" if he don't mind it I don't mind it as long as them kids are growing happy and healthy, but I was just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• No. I'm 5'2", I've never been taller than my friends! But my 12, 13 and 16 yo's are all taller than me and most of their friends.

Answer by missanc at 7:26 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I'm 5'8" and was taller than everyone else until I was about 14 ... It never bothered me. I actually like being tall and often wear heels ... My husband is 6'3". One of my daughters is tall for her age - she's 5'3" at age 10 - and it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 7:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• No, I'm 5'3" now but when I was in school I was one of the smallest kids. Now I'm average. My kids are average height for their age.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Nope, I'm 5'2" (too!), haha. DH is 6'2" though
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• nope- im average height 5'6. most of my friends are the same height as me, some shorter, some taller.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• 5'8" here. Most of the time I was and still am the taller of the females.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Nope. I'm the shorty and proud of it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I was taller than everyone, but I feel that's a bit unfair. I went to a school that's mostly hispanic, so generally speaking, not a lot of people were tall when I was around this age frame.

My 12 year old DS on the other hand is white/hispanic, and is close to 5'7 already - he got both my family's tall genes, and his dad was taller than average for a hispanic man. I'm curious to see where he winds up as an adult.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Not very many lol. I'm only 5'0. I'm about 1/2 inch taller than my older sister. And my brother's fiancĂ©'s mom is shorter than me...she is soo tiny! She wears little girls clothes!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• No. I'm only 5 ft 2.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2013