"atheists don't have to live here" (if they don't want to say "under God")

Meant to post this the day it happened but I never had a chance.

Fox News host: Atheists 'don't have to live here'

The entire segment was insane - a panel of people sitting around talking about how horrible atheists are as human beings and how they can leave if they don't like it.  Then it turns to the host slamming the woman on the panel (who was equally offensive as everyone else, so don't pity her too much) for having multiple marriages, even though he's also been divorced, while incorporating an anti-witchcraft slur.  Honestly, they could rename the show to the Hypocrite Forum.

But anyway, here's the video from the show.  (it's only the 3 minute segment, not the entire program)

I was amused by the jerk that muttered under his breath that yes, that line was added to the pledge after the fact, but quickly changed the subject.

When this is going on in mainstream broadcasts, are there still people who insist that the group of people who want a "Christian nation" are just fringe extremists who don't represent that many "normal people"?  The network has over a million viewers at any given time, and that's only ones that are counted.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:33 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Religious Debate

• "was under God added?"..."it was..it doesn't matter"...

*eyeroll
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• i personally em not atheist but i do be-leave that they should live werever they please we shouldn't judge remember
    anul87

Answer by anul87 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Um wow. Where to begin....
    "I'm sick of them...." This is laughable. "Them" who is she referring to as them? Atheists? I'd she's so sick of us, she could just leave as well.
    And I love how the other chick goes off about atheists being self centered and wanting to push our beliefs onto others.....ummm isn't that exactly what Christian's are doing with having god on everything? And demanding those who disagree can just leave and howmsickmof us they are??
    These people need to realize they are actually talking about themselves when they open their mouths spewing such ridiculousness.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Posted that before it finished... also love what she said at the end- how she's tired of us, and how we try to "inflict" our belief system and how it's selfish and small minded

hmm... looked in that mirror lately?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• How sick of us....they are.
    sahmamax2

• And I agree np-I believe these extremist views are much more prevalent than people want to admit. I don't see many people standing up and speaking out against this kind of talk.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• to paraphrase: it's a pledge, not a prayer saying thanks for giving us the freedom to be an atheist

LMFAO!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:52 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• What a fine example of free speech the "if you don't like it, leave" crap is!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Who says the POA besides elementary school students anyway? Seriously. I even served 12 years in the military and never uttered it one time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• And how so very, oh I don't know, arrogant of them to declare what I can and cannot say and what determines if I stay here or not. Good thing they are nothing more than bobble heads.....unless of course the millions of people watching agree with them:
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2013