is it ok to give my 9 month old a fruit Gerber with 4 scoops of formula and 2 cereal and the rest with water on every feeding

it makes about 10 oz

Alejandra L.

Asked by Alejandra L. at 10:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does your ped suggest?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:44 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Ask the doctor. We are not doctors.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:45 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Ooh! Maybe we should start a site called "CafeDoctor" ?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• You want to fill a bottle with fruit,formula, and cereal?
    ummm,no!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Sure, why not. Wait, no... um well, okay go ahead... ahhh nevermind.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• well i know you guys are not doctors i never in plied or asked if you were maybe you had a problem reading my question and if you didn't and couldn't help then why even respond my grandmother and mother raised all there kids on this and we are perfectly healthy i just wanted to know what other moms thought since this is what this page is fore
    anul87

Comment by anul87 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I guess you could, but I wouldn't recommend getting your baby used to fruit at every feeding. You'll give him a killer sweet tooth, and you'll find it hard later to introduce foods that aren't sweet. We see questions around here all the time from moms of kids who don't want to eat anything but fruit, or worse, cookies and candy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Yeah, and my great-grandmother had slaves......still doesn't make it right.

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. We are not doctors, and those of us that have been around here a while have been yelled at for giving medical advice when we're not doctors.

Besides, your question makes no sense. Try rewording or finding a better translator site.

When it comes to the health and/or diet of a child, the best person to ask would be the child's doctor. The doctor knows the history better than a group of strangers on a website do. The doctor knows about any family allergies. The doctor knows about so much more than this group of strangers on a website do.

If you want more access to information, try actually signing up for CafeMom.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• dang well thanks to for welcoming you guys are very nice thanks
    anul87

Comment by anul87 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• You mean inside the bottle? I would say you should be feeding solids seperate from formula.
    Why would you mix the cereal with water? Your baby needs all of the nutrients he/she can get.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2013