How do I get my husbands passwords and pin codes?

Been married for 40 years, I pay all the bills online, all of sudden I am locked out because I upgraded our Comcast acct. to a more reasonable rate. He is the primary on Sprint, Comcast, and American Express, but all others are joint accounts. when ever I need to upgrade like for example a phone I have to ask him for the codes and he says no, I'll take care of it, why I don't know, am I being treated like a child? Is this a trust issue or control?
I am a mom of two grown children and a empty nester. thanks for all feedback..

gramma1sews

Asked by gramma1sews at 11:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• Yeah that wouldn't fly in my home. I'd venture to say he's old school & likes to be in control, my dad used to be the same way that is until I heard my mom ask him if she was ALLOWED to buy new panties and I lost my ever loving mind and flipped out on him.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:22 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Well how does he expect you to pay the bill? I would just tell him, stop being silly, give me the damn codes already. I can't imagine that this control thing is a new aspect?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Well, the bills go unpaid until his controlling ass gives up the info.
    That would not fly in my house!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:25 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Oh btw, she doesn't ask for a damn thing now. I'm a jerk and took his wallet and took her shopping hahaha. Yes my dad loves me, he just knows I won't put up with his shit and will stand up for my mom.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• That's not why you're locked out.
    As a former Comcast employee, upgrading your service can not and will not change any passwords on your personal accounts.

ASK him for the passwords / PIN codes. If he has nothing to hide, he'll give them up. If not, then you've got something to worry about!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• BTW- Cell Phone, Internet, and a credit card to me all scream "PORN!"
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:32 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Let the bill lapse. He'll take care of it when the TV doesn't work anymore.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2013

• You have all the other codes maybe he just wants a couple that he knows what's going on. I would ask him. I do not mean ask him for the codes, which he will have to put in anyway, but why he does not want you to have these three. Do it when you are both just hanging and bring it up in an I would like to know your reasoning style rather that you think I am a child style. Obviously not if you have control over everything else.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2013