out and about

My husband and I want to go to a wine tasting, but do not trust anyone in our area with our 10 week old dd. Would it be a bad thing to just take her with us....or should be just drop the idea all together??

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 5:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the 1st time is always hard. do you have any family or maybe a dear friend you think you could trust? you and your hubby need time for youeselfs. it is hard to leave the baby at the babysitters. we they make it just fine. you could even start out droping her off for 30 min to 1 hour every other day for about a week. that way you and the baby can make sure everything is okay.
    we love r kids more than life...but there a times when we do need so adult time
    hope this helps
    mommyand5

Answer by mommyand5 at 5:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I dont see a problem. its wine tasting not whiskey chugging lol
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 7:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You don't have family or friends that could watch her for you? I think you would have a better time with her not with you.
    mistynkennedy

Answer by mistynkennedy at 8:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You, and your husband getting out on your own for just a short time alone is really important to your relationship. You have "no" family, or friends nearby that could watch your child for you? Even for just a few hours? If there is - Mom needs to just give it a try even though she's uncomfortable with the idea. It'll be ok. Really.
    BetsyAD

Answer by BetsyAD at 8:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I personally would not bring her. JMO, something is a little odd about a newborn baby at a wine tasting. Unless you have someone you trust then I would just forget it. Unfortunately, part of being a parent is sometimes not doing exactly what you want. Try to find someone reliable so that you can get out and do things.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Time out is really really important but just an FYI, and I am NOT judging as I took my two month old to my husband's 30th birthday party and well, that was a scene I will never forget, but just watch out for those people who will give you dirty looks because you are drinking (I know, just a wine tasting), and then driving with your child. The wine tasting most likely amounts to the same as a glass of wine at dinner which we would do, but for some reason, people feel they have the right to judge you and give you mean looks!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I know you want to get out, but if you really don't have a safe sitter, then; have a wine tasting at your house instead..Call some friends and or people you work with and set it up for a time when you can plan to just have put the wee one off to bed and then enjoy. Ask everyone to bring a bottle of thier fav. wine, and any hordurve they may like and you'll have a great time. We've done this a time or two and we have had a lot of fun and even found some new wines to add to our fav. list.
    dblshotexpresso

Answer by dblshotexpresso at 2:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Family is definately out of the question. My husband is in the military and I moved to Virginia Beach to be with him...leaving all family, friends, etc. behind. Now the only people that we know....aren't the kind you would leave your child with. So time alone with my husband only happens one night every 2-3 months when we travel back to Kentucky to visit our family....and we are so tired while we are there...that it doesn't do much for us. We are more worried about going back home and going to bed. I just don't know what to do.....:(
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 5:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2009