Another update on the mammogram

I woke up this morning and it feels like it got bigger.....I talked to the doctor and now there are saying I might not get a mammogram done on Monday now bc he has to order it and it may gakes weeks.....im.so frustrated and scared and upset.

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 1:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• ?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Well, it may just be a cyst or a swollen gland/lymph node since Cancer does not grow that quickly. Have you been sick lately? Any cuts from shaving your arm pits? Even a change in diet can cause cysts in the breasts. I get cysts the size of lemons when I drink too much Iced Tea. I have them aspirated because they are so painful & grow quickly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Can you see a different doctor to get in sooner?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• no nothing different...I called 4 doctors amd they said it counld take up to a month just fir a new patient
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I know you're scared, but try to remember that cancer is very unlikely to grow really fast like that. Tumor growth is usually measured in millimeters. I wonder if you could look up health fairs in your area, since many of them run in the fall to correspond with the flu shots, and some offer low-cost mammogram screenings. You're in my prayers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Have you contacted Planned Parenthood? Some of their clinics offer mammograms.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• thats really odd, I woudl call the hospital and ask for scheduling. tell them you will have the script before appt and schedule yoruself. I do that!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Don't you have an urgent care clinic in your area?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Call your hospitals. Tell them what is going on, and ask when and where you can get a mammogram soonest. Some have mobile trucks.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• .thanks everyone im going to try to make some calls.....but I know the reason why the place I went said they cant do one is bc im only 28
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2013