4 REAL IM SCARTED I THANK I HAVE BEEN BIT BY A BROWN RECLUSE

ANYBODY KNOW SYMPTOMS? PLEASE IM PANICING

sauna26

Asked by sauna26 at 5:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• Calm down. I have been bitten by a brown recluse. You do not need an ambulance. A brown recluse bite will start out looking like a mesquito bite but it will be sore. I was bitten in my calf muscle. You can't feel the bite at the time they bite you usually. Within a day it will swell up and get bigger and more painful. I went to the dr. 24 hours or more after my bite and the Dr. tried to tell us it was a boil. That will give you an idea of how it will look within 24 hours. 24 hours later, necrosis will begin. The skin will oose and surface skin will turn black/purple and begin to die and fall off and an open ulcer sore will be at the bite site. It was at this point I went to the ER. The area was numbed and the ulcer was drained of puss and infection. I was on IV antibiotics for several hours. Of course if you saw the spider maybe you can prevent the necrosis of the skin and underlying tissue. I have a permenant hole in my .....
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Have you google searched this at all? It doesn't go away on it's own. The "site" of the bite will spread infection. It basically is damaging to the tissue. It can lead to other causes ( which is why it is important to go to the Dr.) A brown recluse bite is very poisonous some of the symtoms accompanying the bite are: severe pain at the bite site, nausea, vomiting, fever, blistering. After so many hours "fang marks" should be able to be seen. I lived in GA for 11 years and have had PLENTY of Friends suffer from Recluse bites. A trip to your ER or Dr ( as soon as possible) is important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• im tryn now but im havin a panic atac
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 5:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• dont panic clam down. and yes if it was Recluse you do need to get to the er asap
    mommyand5

Answer by mommyand5 at 5:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i looked on google i am pretty sure it is im waiting 4 my hubby he is at work and is on his way thank u so much
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 5:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Put Ice on it imed. it will keep posion from spreading, NO HEAT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you really think you have been bitten by a recluse, get to the ER now. Either drive yourself, have someone drive you or call 911 and have them send you an ambulance. Seriously...the more time you waste here, the more chance there is that you will lose whatever it is the spider bit (and more)...or worse.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• calf from where the poison ate the muscle tissue. Even before the top layer of skin begins to die, the underlying tissue is already being destroyed by the poison. BUT unless you have immunity deficiencies already, an ambulance isn't nessacery. Like I said, it took 2-3 days for my bite to really get bad. And I did see a Dr. and he didn't diagnose correctly (which the ER dr. chewed his ass out for lol). But don't put off seeing a dr. I was an athleate at the time with very tight calf muscles. Dr. said had I not been in such good muscular shape the damage could have been worse. It took a few months to heal completely. Hopefuly if you catch it early, you can prevent the damage and pain I had to go through. Good luck. You can PM me if you have any questions!!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh, I also did experiance a sick feeling, kinda like the flu is coming on or something within 8 hours of being bitten. Watch for that also.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yes...calm down, you will not die or your leg (or bit part) will not rot off in the next few hours.You'll be fine mom.BUT B UT BUT you need to have an exterminator come into your home(if that is where it happened) and look for the nest.Recluses live in colonies, common places are in your pipe systems and if you have one, there are prolly more. please have someone come check so no one else gets bit.Good luck, you'll be ok. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2009