Tips Please

I just recently joined a home party company and was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to get parties booked to help get me started? I have a party booked for my home this weekend but other than getting people from my party to book, what other ideas are there?

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

• What company did you join? Your answer will affect what I say....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I have a friend on Facebook that does 31. She offers to do online only parties, gives away Friday freebies, and advertises any sales on Facebook.

Answer by missanc at 3:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I am with ThirtyOne
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• one of my FB friends just started selling those candles or whatever...and she posts for people to call her, order stuff or plan parties about 3 times a day now

UGH

so there is that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• 31 gives you amazing tools to book parties. Hostess Exclusives, new catalogs every few months, incentives like the spend $31 and get a free bag, etc...
    When people are booking with you, they are BUYING YOU. Your personality, your style, the way you conduct yourself in your business. If you're not getting bookings, look at that first. Would you be bored sitting thru a party with you?

And what happened to Avon? Quit that already? You need to stick it out for at least ONE YEAR in order to make an impression, whether it's showing up in Google Ads, or people remembering your name and what you do. ONE YEAR.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I quit Avon because there are so many reps in my area it is hard to get customers. I was tossing 100-200 brochures a month and leaving brochures everywhere and nothing. I just started ThirtyOne and I just got my kit the other day.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I also have bought my business cards and a window cling for my back window on my car.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Do not, I repeat, do NOT blast your personal facebook with posts about it. Also, do not, I repeat, do NOT send out mass texts to everyone in your phone! Create a page for your business, find some "garage sale" and "swap meet" facebook pages within the distance you are willing to travel, ask for permission to advertise, and start there!

My friend does Scentsy - she does what she calls "Basket Parties" where she sends you a tub of all the different scent samples and a few brochures, then you call and ask your friends if they want anything to help you get free/discounted stuff. She also does a giveaway at the end of the month for whoever has the biggest basket party sales.

I found that party sales were not for me when I bought my Mary Kay package. I did 4 parties, and made $112. Sad part was, 3 of those girls invited all the same people that were there for the 1st party!

Also wouldn't hurt to buy yourself a few bags and
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• stock up, find some craft shows or street festivals to set up a booth at. : )

Best of luck!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I agree with matobe. It's ok to mention ONE TIME that you are now a consultant for 31. Then create your web page and advertise in the garage sale or swap meet pages.

I have a friend that only does online catalog parties because she simply has no time to have an actual party and her friends/family live all over. She has random sales where she will personally add a discount (out of her own pocket) or will have a random give a way of an item that she has bought for herself and rarely used.

Can you team up with a consultant for something else in your area that sells products that complements what you sell?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2013