My boyfriend lives with me and my 2 kids. He has custody of his 2 kids

but they have been living with his mom for the past year. we have been trying to blend our family before we get married but his mom controls everything with his kids. We had our kids on a schedule where both sets visit the other parent the same weekend, but his mom has changed that. What can I do?

beautyispure

Asked by beautyispure at 4:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• I would suggest that if he has custody and you wish to blend your families you bring his two kids to live with your BF and 2 kids. Then you will have the control. As long as she has the total care of them and I assume pays for everything for them, you should accommodate her. She is the one doing you SO the favor and it is a BIG one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• If he wants to control then his kids need to live with HIM not his mom. If she is raising them in her home she has every right to run things. You leave your kid for me to take care of you can damn well bet I will set the rules, not the parent who isnt raising the children.

Oh, and what can YOU do? Not a thing they are not your kids, you are the girlfriend.

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Why does she call the shots with his kids? I'm not sure if I missed something. So his kids live with his mother? Why do they not live with him? Does she have legal custody of them? Where is their mother?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• So are they all still living with her?

Answer by louise2 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Has she been raising the children?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• We has questions.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Hello? OP, where did you go?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I have another question, why would you let a man who is not raising hiw own children live with you and yours? I just don't get all this stuff these days.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Maybe due to the fact they have a stable environment at his Mother's house is one reason, You can't do anything, it isn't your place to take over the mother role, perhaps his mother wants to make sure you are going to stay in the picture, and to be 100% real, I wouldn't want my grandkids living with a shack up honey either.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• YOU can't do anything, HE needs to get his kids out of his moms house and take care of them himself, then HE can make decisions regarding his own kids.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2013