Oh, Good Gravy...

NOW! She wants a mohawk.
Sigh.
THEN! after she expects me to shave her damn near bald, I have to bleach the blue out and dye it pink.

*deep breath
It is just a temporary form of self expression.

Question:
What forms of self expression have you allowed your kids?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 8:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Both of my kids are streakers...does that count? My DS4 is the only one who has managed to do that in public though, well sorta. He told me he had to go potty and before I could get up, he had his shorts down. He managed to flash a teenage boy in the process of me pulling his pants back up with my baby DD on my hip. This was in the health department, too. That was embarrassing. DD is just now learning to strip off her bloomers and diaper. I'm contemplating duct taping her in her diaper, especially if she learns how to take off her legging which have replaced the bloomers.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I was hoping this post was really about gravy. I'm so hungry.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• My oldest is only (almost) 7. So, the most I've allowed are mismatched clothes & socks.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• calm down...it only hair ;)

although, bleaching out the blue? be careful

I let my kids color- bleach- cut their hair...in fact my daughter asked me to change her cut from the mohawk she had to something she could grow out a bit easier *her hawk was kinda long so she wanted it cut into more of a bob-like look

she also has tattoos and piercings ( no piercings until about 16 and no tats until RIGHT before she turned 18)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I never cared what they did with their hair. It's not permanent so I choose not to fight that battle. And two of my boys pierced their ears at age 16. They couldn't pierce anything else and no tattooes until 18
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• The most I've allowed is that they get to pick their own clothing, without a word from me as long as it matches.

And I don't mind if they spray paint their hair with whatever color of wash out hair dye we have on hand. Our current can is blue.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• I like it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• DS had a Mohawk during one summer. He did it as a counselor at Boys Scout camp. I was fine with it. When he came back to school they had a fit and called me to get him and get it shaved off. LOL He was casing disruption. I told them to put it in writing before I would shave his head. (Smart me) because shaving his head caused an even bigger disruption as I very well knew it would. Not much they could say about it. LOL Mostly though, I told mine that they can do anything they like with their hair , body, etc. after they are out on their own and supporting themselves.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2013

• Well, my stepson has been walking around with a buzz cut for quite a while now. I didn't have anything to do with allowing it, but I wouldn't have argued with it. Hair grows back.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• DS want long hair (kinda the skater look...), because he wants to look like his older cousin and because he hates the clippers (the sound and feeling send him into meltdown). So dude is rocking the shaggy look.

DD likes when I spray colors into her hair.

Other than that, they pick their clothes... so they are frequently mismatched.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2013