My last period was Aug 11. 2013.. i had sex Aug 22 (my birthday) i checked on a period tracker & it said i was ovulating.. could i be pregnant because my period was due September 8 & it now Septembe

It is now September 14 & I am 6 days late on my expected period when should I take a pregnancy test & is there a chance I could be pregnant?

mom1023

Asked by mom1023 at 7:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Take that type of pregnancy test?
    mom1023

Comment by mom1023 (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• You're late- take any type of pregnancy test. If it's negative, wait a week & retest with a different test. If still negative, then make a Dr. appt.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Okay thanks but is there any chance I could be pregnant?
    mom1023

Comment by mom1023 (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Any time you have unprotected sex there's a chance. There's only one way to know for sure - take the test! It's best to do it in the morning when the concentration in your urine is higher.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Okay thanks..
    mom1023

Comment by mom1023 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Take any brand of pregnancy test. They sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store. And yes, you could be pregnant.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• There is always a chance. Since you are already late any test (unless it is expired) should yield accurate results. Make sure you read the results in the time frame specified by the manufacturer. Best to use first urine of the morning.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Congratulations. Pee on the stick and let us know if it's a boy or a girl!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• The answer to "is there a chance I could be pregnant" is ALWAYS "yes" unless you don't have sex. ALWAYS "yes." ALWAYS.

The ONLY time it can be no is if you don't have sex or don't have a uterus or your partner's testes were removed. In ALL other cases, there is ALWAYS a chance you could be pregnant.

ALWAYS.

We cannot answer the question "AM I pregnant?" For that, you need to take a pregnancy test. It does not have to be an EPT brand. It merely must be a pregnancy test. It is the ONLY way to know the answer to that second question.

But the answer to your first question is always and forever YES.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2013