Teens smoking flavored cigars?

Anyone else have this trend in their area? My 15 yr old and her friend have been smoking flavored cigars and apparently it's the "cool" thing to do these days. I don't allow it in my home but her friends mom does. It's all new to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Not sure what the teens are up to these days, since I don't have any at the moment. I have read that E-cigs are becoming popular with them lately. And the spit-less chew is too. (yuck!) Thanks for the heads up about the cigar thing tho.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• i dont know but when i was a teen the cool thing to smoke was clove cigarettes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• All I know is they already got rid of flavored cigarettes because that's what teens were smoking. Are they gonna get rid of the flavored cigars too? And if they do, that will just make teens start smoking normal cigarettes.
    tnm-my husband smokes cloves.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Idk. My kids (16, 13 and 12) aren't allowed to smoke but they think it's a nasty habit anyway. I would t allow them to smoke and if their friends parents did, they wouldn't be going to that friends house.

Answer by missanc at 11:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• You do know they also roll blunts with them, too, right? (as in marijuana)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Have you seen ads for these flavored cigars? Do they look like they're being marketed to kids? That would be my concern.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

That was actually my first thought, they aren't smoking the cigars, they are using them to roll blunts. My idiot brother used to do that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2013