Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A bite down there?! *tmi* adult content

It started yesterday on the right back side of the opening of my vagina. I took a look well as good as I could and it looks to be a small/medium red bump (like a spider bite - which I've been bitten before, we get them often this time of the year) Or maybe just an irritated spot. I haven't had sex or been with anyone in almost three years and I've been checked for stds/stis - I'm clear on that. I sprayed Dermoplast (stuff they give you in the hospital when you have a baby) and it relieves it for a little bit.

Could it be a spider bite or do any of you have any other ideas? Maybe just irritated?

I go to the Gyn next month for my pap, should I just wait a few days and see if it clears up?

Sorry so much.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Health

Answers (11)
  • Maybe an ingrown hair? Otherwise, I'd probably assume some kind of bite - spider, ant, something along those lines.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • I agree with wendy. I guess you could just give it a few days to see if it clears up. What kind of perverted bugs do you have in your house anyway?! :p

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • Haha, at this time of the year we get almost every bug possible because of the cold settling and they want in!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • infected pore

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • I'd go with infected hair.

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • Could be any of the things suggested. My first guess would be an ingrown hair unless its in a place that hair does not generally grow.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 10:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • Do you shave?
    I'd think ingrown hair before spider bite. Unless you sleep naked with your legs spread wide open...

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • Id call your Gyn and see if you can get in earlier while you have it and see if your Gyn can give you an answer. do you wax or shave there.... sometimes hair folicals can get irritated. without a pic.... hard to say

    Answer by artisticallyinc at 1:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2013


    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

  • If you shave there, hairs can get irritated or ingrown as they come back. Is itjust the one spot? If it spreads or moves, call your doctor right away. I once had something called moluscum that had to be treated with very cauistic chemicals; it was awul. If it's something like that, catch it early, you'll be glad you did.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.