What are your earliest memories of school ?

Degracemass

Asked by Degracemass at 11:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• Walking to school with my brother. All I could smell was that tuna sandwich our mom made us!! EWWW!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• My earliest memory of school is from preschool and my mom dropping me off in the morning of the first day. There's nothing particularly special about it, but it stands out in my memory. My mom worked so much it wasn't often she was able to do things like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• My metal Happy Days lunch box, and getting to be the room monitor. (you got to sit on the piano bench!)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Kindergarten last day of school
    my teacher was releasing our science project-butterflies and they ended up being poisonous and got her really sick.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Kindergarten. Playing on the playground, cutting paper keys out with scissors, having snacks and one of the other girls in class screaming and running away from the teacher, nap time, playing with dolls, playing house, playing with blocks, painting rainbows and flowers. Macaroni art. I remember riding the bus to school and back home again. I don't remember my mom walking me to the bus, but we lived two blocks from the bus stop (actually at another school that had grades 4-8 at the time). I had afternoon kinder and my BBF lived between the bus stop and my house, so we would go over there together.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Sitting on the carpet at preschool. I don't remember why, but the teacher was saying silly things to the kids, and she told me I was sitting on a chocolate candy bar. Getting to ring the bell at the end of playtime. Having a game where we crawled over and under the little tables in the room. Leaning the mechanics of washing dishes in the toy kitchen sink. Playing on the playground and wishing I could have a turn on the swings, but the other kids always got to them faster. Getting seriously yelled at by the teacher for using an out-of-order toilet when I wasn't sure which one was broken. Making fudge that didn't harden, then eating the soft gooey goodness with spoons anyway. I guess I remember a lot from that age.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I remember preschool, sitting at the picnic tables outside of the bulding eating lunch. Kindergarten I remember much more clearly. Getting to pass out the little milk cartons at snack time, laying down for a nap on matts, and painting at an easle
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Being the 'strong woman" in the circus in K. I got to lift a barbell. I also walked around on stilts for part of it. That shit was fun.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2013