I need to get a mammogram....

but I have no insurance. Anyone been in this situation or know what to do? (It has been three years since my last mammogram so I need to get one.)

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Health

• I do not know any resources to tell you, but you may want to call 211 and see what services might be available to you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Your local free clinic should be able to give mammograms either for free, or based on your income for a very low cost.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• go to your town/city health clinic and tell them your situation. I did this and got help and paid less than 20.00 for the nearby hospital top of the line equipment and doctors. the health clinic set it all up for me/
    artisticallyinc

Answer by artisticallyinc at 1:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Mammograms are part of the FREE coverage now offered through Obamacare. http://womenadvancenc.org/no-charge-for-pap-smears-and-mammograms-thanks-obamacare/

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Your local health department will do them for free or very discounted. Planned Parenthood does them too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2013