how do i control my 11 yr old girls ADHD tantrums

she embrasses me every day She acts up in front of family...like asking annoying questions so everyone can hear.. says other kids are yelling her stuff so she's telling them things like ur ugly ur sum..the other kids look at her as I'd she's mental... my family sees her Luke what's wrong with her..I leave behind most times and I explain to her why.

aries209

Asked by aries209 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• My phone not typing right I'm sorry
    aries209

Comment by aries209 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• she embrasses me every day- get thicker skin
    .I leave behind most times - if this means you leave your kid behind, stop.
    .like asking annoying questions so everyone can hear.- tell her you will discuss it at a more opportune time. and then answer her questions
    says other kids are yelling her stuff so she's telling them things like ur ugly ur sum- tell her to mind her manners and teach her a better way to deal with assholes
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• What have you done to help her control her symptoms of ADHD? Is she in counseling? Medication? Teaching her skills to cope with ADHD?

Also, what types of annoying questions are you talking about? My son asked tons of questions, but I would never discourage him from asking those questions. I teach him that there is an appropriate time and voice to ask those questions.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I've tried about 5 medication all seem to calm her down but make her very annoyed aggressive... annoying questions would be like were at a party she knows that the other girls who are 13-14 yrs old are her cousins..she'll follow them around..laugh at them. Tell them why do u wear ur hair like that Or why do u have those shoes...there older and they come to me to say my daughter wont leave them alone..she loves to talk loud so PeOple can see her..i give her love buy her stuff..most days i cry cuz i cant control her...she had couseling for about 6 months at a time..then id get tried and quit..i have 4 kids total...im exhusted...shes a drama queen...im very tried and sad.
    aries209

Comment by aries209 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• What does her therapist and doctor say?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• she had couseling for about 6 months at a time..then id get tried and quit

Don't you think that if she actually continued with counseling and got the help that she needed, in the long run, it would be easier on everyone? You are not helping her by pulling her out of counseling because you get tired of taking her.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Okay, Mom, here's the thing. This isn't about you. I'm not trying to be mean, but it doesn't matter if you are embarrassed, tired, exhausted, or in tears. What matters is that your eleven-year-old isn't adjusting socially, and she needs help. I went through this with my stepson for years; we're still working on it. You keep trying. If one medication doesn't work, you try another and another and another. If one therapist isn't doing the trick, you switch till you find one who clicks with your daughter. You explain over and over and over, if you have to, that saying mean things to other kids is unacceptable. You make her apologize, seventy times seven times if necessary. You keep repeating the point that there are appropriate places and times to ask questions, and you answer the questions when you can--millions of them, often more than once. You find support for yourself when you can; such is life with an ADHD kid.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Perhaps it's not just adhd. Who diagnosed her? An actual psychologist or a medical doctor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Thanks everyone for ur help..yeah ur right.... its not about me but but this have been going on for almost 4 yrs.she been in cousuling for 4 yrs...but its the counselors that trade her off to others... will take small breaks like for 2 months and continue... don't get me wrong I'm strong and I can't and won't give up on my child but yes after so long I do come to tears and think when will I figure her out...I constantly let her know things she does are not appropiate...everyday I work with her...BUT I dont understand and this is what confusses me..there's days where shes just super...as if nothing is wrong.. so I wonder is she playing me and everyone or is that how ADHD is...she's unpridictable...right now ive pulled all dyes from her diet yellow6 blue ? bHT's Ect..belive me im trying..i even tryed natural herbs...But thanks again everyone...im gonna take her next week to be reevaualted
    aries209

Comment by aries209 (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Sep. 16, 2013