A freakin' dweeb wasn't watching his dog

at the dog park, and he lifted his leg and peed on me! WTH??

He came around, sniffed me once and I shooed him away. I was talking with another responsible owner as we watched our dogs frolic politely when he came back, sniffed me close enough for his cold nose to hit me in the leg. I shook my foot to rustle the little bit of gravel to try to shoo him off again, the little prick lifted his leg and peed on me! My shoes were wet before I realized what was happening, and I took the toe of my shoe and nudged him under the butt and said, "Get outta here!"

The owner turned around and barked at me, "DON'T KICK MY DOG!" and proceeded to head my direction for a confrontation. Let me break this down... he had at LEAST 8" height on me, at LEAST 100lbs... but definitely younger than me... like a young, college-aged kid. I first started to defend myself, I didn't actually *kick* him. He was a Chihuahua, and I definitely know better than to kick an animal period. When I did *nudge* him, he ran off like it was no big deal, continuing to sniff other people. It didn't phase him a bit!

The guy started yelling, and being belligerent, so I switched from a little, "I didn't *kick* him," to "YOUR EFFING DOG JUST PISSED MY LEG YOU SLIMY, YELLOW-TOOTH, PENCIL-NECKED GEEK!" Only it was a lot prettier on the cussing rainbow than I'll post here.

The ONLY rule listed for dogs on the "Rules" sign ---which you CANNOT miss, it's huge, and right as you come in the gate--- is, "Behave like a good doggie!"

Who would I have the ability to have tattled to? Who could I have turned him in to? What else could I have done besides what I'd done to get him off my leg? I will tell you, though, if that dog had approached me on the street or invaded me in my own yard, I'd probably tried to grab him and rub his nose in it! How incredibly RUDE!!!

But maybe I'm just one of those, you know, RESPONSIBLE (??) dog owners who takes pride in their dogs being well-mannered and polite??

What would you have done?

Did I step out of line?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 5:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Pets

• LOL! SO sorry, that is really gross. At least it was a little dog, it could've been worse. I would've been mad too & I know I would've said something. Hopefully it won't happen again. I don't think that's "reportable", just a nuisance. Happy bathing. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• My god you are so conceited and melodramatic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• So, just to make sure I understand. A dog, at a dog park, pissed on you. You "nudged" the dog which appeared to be more than a nudge to his owner then, when his owner confronted you you screamed insults at him?

I think that it's possible you may have significantly overreacted to this situation. And you weren't exactly polite yourself.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I'd be pissed if a dog pissed on me! Lol.

PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Let me clarify: my foot never came off the ground, and the dog was not even remotely knocked off balance. The guy was surrounded with 5 other kids his age, assuming they were friends, had to have known eachother- came together, left together.

It didn't start out as a confrontation, I told him his dog peed on me, and he marched over, running me down with, "Your stupid ass shouldn't be at a damn dog park because dogs DO that!" and "I don't give a flying eff about your 'brand new shoes.'" and "Do I need to call the cops? WTF is your problem?"

When he was in my face, being belligerent, I fired back, yes. The guy I was talking with prior to his coming over actually had to step in between him and me because the guy was literally SPITTING on my face while he was yelling at me. I colorfully told him he needed to teach that poor dog some manners, and that if he was coming to the park, the least he could do was not PISS on ppl!
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• if you put your hands on my child or nudged one with your foot I'd probably whip your ass
    some peoples animals are their children, you are lucky the guy didn't deck you
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• If it'd been my dog, I'd spanked an ass. I'll tell you that! Mine absolutely know better. I'd expect someone to chase my dog off to curb an unwanted behavior. If they actually KICKED my dog, or more than popped her on the bum, then I'd say something, but I wouldn't go bat-shit crazy on someone for sure, let alone try to make a huge scene when everyone around them saw what happened and stood up for me.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Um, so luv, if your kid hit me in the face with a baseball bat, I couldn't take it away? That's neither here nor there. Kids are not a part of this equation. If the guy decked me, he'd have other problems to deal with than a blowup at a dog park. : )
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Pissing on your foot and hitting you with a bat are completely different.
    And yeah kids are a part of this equation, as some peoples kids are thier animals.

Wash your foot adn get over it.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Well your story has changed considerably then. So, you didn't scream at him?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2013