X-Box question

I don't play the X-box, but my son does & was very frustrated b/c it was asking him to put in his security code. He wasn't playing online, just a regular game that he recently got for his B-day. Why would it want his password if he's not playing online? Is there a way for him to play the game & save his progress if he doesn't? I don't remember ever setting him up for a code so I don't know how to help him with this.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Technology

• My stepson has an XVox. He says to look for the Settings Tab and you should be able to change your security settings. He says it probably got set to the maximum security, which isn't necessary if your son in't playing online.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Is it possible his Xbox has been hacked?
    This happened to my son and he was locked out.
    We contacted Xbox on line and they problem solved it step by step.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Do you have any parental controls on it? I have to enter a password for a lot of D's games because they are over the rating I approved for him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Ugh, do you know my XBox and Kinect has been sitting here for two years now without being played??? I need to mess with it tomorrow...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Thanks, I will have to contact them tomorrow or Monday. I don't think it's the parental controls thing, since he's been playing M- games for a while without any issues.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2013