Im thinking about joining the army....but i have kids

i am thinking about joining the army but i am afraid of someone else raising my kids. i wanna become active and go on deployments. do you know if your husband had to leave home a year in advance for his very first deployment? the recruiter told me if i joined the army and my date is the next year, i will leave the year before, to train up to the month that im leaving. do anyone know what their husband had to do on their first deployment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Military

• i am afraid of someone else raising my kids

You mean, for example, their father (s).
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• If you become active duty and go on deployments, that means someone else WILL be raising your kids. Deployments mean you're gone. So does boot camp!

Answer by gdiamante at 7:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Any time you have to train or deploy, PCS to places like korea. You will not be able to bring your kids.
    Are you married?

Answer by louise2 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• if you are married whats the problem? Your spouse can raise them.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• If you do not want to have anyone but you raise your kids, this is not the job for you.
    You are gone for boot camp, training, not to mention deployment.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• i thought AIT was bootcamp
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Boot camp or Basic Training is about 9 weeks long. After you complete that then you have to go t AIT which is where you learn your specialized skill. AIT can be anywhere from 4 weeks to 1 year depending on the job/MOS that you pick.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• again, the question at hand here is who would be raising your kids and if that is a problem why would you even consider leaving them?
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I think seving our country is admirable, but I personally wouldn't join the service while I had kids at home. A lot of people do, and their kids turn out just fine, but I wouldn't be comfortable with it. Of course, it's a non-issue because I have a disability that would prevent me from serving anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• There is bootcamp for like 6 weeks then there is AIT, School basicly to teach you your MOS/your job.

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2013