I need to find a new hairstylist :(

The woman is really clueless
I had an appointment this morning at 9. Once again she had her previous appointment run over. This time it was 15 minutes,but one time it was 45 minutes!
9 times out of 10,she doesn't listen to what I want done with my hair.I'll ask for a trim,and get a few inches cut off (like this morning) it's cute,but I wanted 1/4 inch off,not a few inches.
I have terrible eyesight. I couldn't see what she was doing.
EVERY FRICKING TIME she tries to straighten my hair. I have wavy/curly hair with great volume. I love my hair's texture. This time I had to literally get up from the chair to keep her from using a round brush on my hair. I told her."I tell you EVERY time,I don't want my hair straightened!" and she'll tell me she's just trying something different.
NO! I go home with a head full of frizz.
She also has no clue how to properly blow dry my hair
I walked out of there thinking my hair looked like crap. It looked like a mullet.
I went home and colored my hair,and let it dry naturally,and phew! it looks fine.
I'm done. I'm going to start asking for referrals to someone who will actually give me what I want.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• That's horrid when you get a stylist who doesn't listen to what you want. I left a salon in tears once because the hairdresser cut off several inches of my hair, after I'd told her I just wanted a trim, and then said it looked better that way and I looked younger. She had the nerve to say I wouldn't know what was best because I couldn't see in the mirror, so she was helping me out. All I could say was thanks, but you just helped me out for free, because I'm the one who would have paid the bill and there's no way in hell I'm going to give you money for completely disregarding my wishes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• No clue. I only get mine cut maybe once a year.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I usually just trim my own. If I need something major I go to the beauty school. Can't beat an $8 haircut, and then I school them on how NOT to style my hair ( much as you experienced, I have walked out of places looking like Roseanne rosannadana!)
    (If you noobs don't know who that is, google it!)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I go to cosmotogy school now... I would just ask around your town .. You deff need someone who's going to listen to what you want and what you like!!! You should be feeling like you just got off a run way not like u just rolled out if bed :(... Good luck with your search
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I hear ya! You know, when they screw up hair, it's not like a pair of jeans you can take off!
    I presently have black hair. I asked the gal to cover my blond highlights and walked out with literally black hair. In fact, I now have a new growout line so I called freaking out and asked if they used permanent dye (which I expressly asked them not to use). They say it's a demi-- no clue what that means but here I am, with a new damn line. It had better wash out!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Mine do not lay flat without flat ironing, drying, round brushing, flat ironing and spraying and round brushing. Then I touch them up with round brush, flat iron and spray. Lol
    My hair is very kinky.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Not to be rude but I would not have gone back more than twice.
    If she is in a salon, I would have complained to the owner.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I know who she was :)
    I have bangs now,but unlike you,they do not lay flat. They split in the middle and curl

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2013