my 5 month old daughters dad has crohns disease, im scared she might have or get it, what should i look for?

mommy121422

Asked by mommy121422 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I'd probably ask her physician, but again, that's just me....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2013

• Don't stress out. My friend has a son with it but her other three kids don't and neither does she or her husband. You can live a very normal life with Crohn's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Ask the father's doctor as well as her's if you are worried. I have Psoriatic arthrtis which is another autoimmune that can be hereditary(if you have family members with an autoimmune then you are more likely to develop one). I understand your concern but there isn't anything you can do except being mindful. Me personally while I do keep track of any joint pains that my son complains of(he had periods of joint pain and his doctor suggested I keep track on a calender to look for any patterns but not to ask him about it as kids are likely to just say yes).

I don't worry about it too much...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I am sure you have given you medical history and that or your child's father to the pediatrician. Write own your questions as they pop ito your mind (so you don't forget) and ask the doctor. I have one nephew that has it. I have a lot of relatives. I wouldn't get overly worried about it. As long as you and your doctor know, you will just be aware if something pops up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2013