Chimp Attack

Let me start by saying my prayers and heart go out to the victim of this attack and her family. I feel terrible for that woman. That being said, why do I have to listen to this gut wrenching 911 call over and over again? And why don't they warn you that it's upsetting before they just start playing it?? I do not want to hear it. It's awful. That poor woman is being attacked and her friend is panicking and the 911 operator is just so nonchalant about it because he has no idea what this woman is talking about. I live in CT and can't believe someone could let this happen. I just feel terrible. I don't want to hear the call again and I don't want to watch the video (I haven't seen the video at all I have avoided it on purpose). Why keep playing it? Why not warn us first?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 7:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i heard that call yesterday on the station i listen to they did warn you that it was upsetting and if you had kids around to take them out of the room but yea it was terrible and the woman got all kinds of death threats from peta because she killed the chimp can you believe that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Well in today's news world, all they know how to do is talk about horrible events that happen. Not to mention this chimp was a "superstar" and did this. I think they are trying to bring awareness to the dangers of having wild animals as pets. These animals only belong in the zoo, you can take an animal out of the wild but you CANNOT take the wild out of the animal.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Honestly I didn't even know that she killed the chimp. I turn it off every time I hear the call. It just upsets me so much. My husband said that she treated the chimp like a human. She let it drink wine out of a wine glass and it slept in her bed with her. I think she damn well did the right thing by killing it. She should have had a tranquilizer gun or something in the house if she was going to keep an animal like that around. I don't care how he's trained he's a giant animal.

I am not saying that the news shouldn't tell us when terrible things happen, just that I want a warning before hearing something so graphic. The Today Show this morning made no warning. They just launched into it during my morning coffee. The woman is so panic stricken and her friend is being mauled it just makes my blood curdle.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Death threats from PETA? That's because they are rediculous and nuts for the most part.They call fish "sea kittens" seriously coo cooo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Sea kittens?!?!??! Oh. My. God!

laughing

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• She didn't kill the Chimp, she stabbed the Chimp. The Chimp was shot and killed by police...aka self defense
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I feel sorry for both women and pray the victim makes a full recovery. The woman who owned the chimp probably should have taken better precautions, but she had raised the animal from a 3 month old baby and trained him, and he had been on TV and everything. She lost her beloved pet in a horrible, horrible way, and her friend is in the hospital, maimed for life, and she is on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses and fines. It's a terrible, sad story and should serve as a warning to everyone who wants to keep an "exotic pet" that they are still wild animals. I read the story online and it made me sick, Thankfully I'm not much of a TV news watcher, I agree there should be a warning before they air that.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009