How to ease anxiety and insomnia while pregnant?

I'm 4 months pregnant. I can't sleep and I'm constantly filled with anxiety. Without taking pills, how do I find relief? Vitamins? If so, what kind?

adri1lopez

Asked by adri1lopez at 12:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Have an orgasm. Nitey nite!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Just try and relax, take a warm bath, watch a calming movie (maybe one u like to watch when you feel sick). Mine is typically you've got mail lol do breathing exercises and try to remember the anxiety will eventually pass. You have a lot of change in your life it's normal to feel anxious. Maybe try and get a pregnancy massage even! Buy a book and do some reading if that helps you to fall asleep?? And what PGA said.. An orgasm may help get your mind off the stress and get u sleepy afterwards haha hope you find something that helps
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• You should be on prenatal vitamins and you should not take any medications without a doctors knowledge and consent. That would inclue vitamins and herbal remedies. Personally I found music and or doing the most boring chore I could find, helpful.
    A little anxiety is normal but if it causes you to lose sleep night after night, I would talk to my doctor.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• My doctor told me I could take Unisom. It did nothing for me at all, but if you continue to be unable to sleep, you might ask him or her about it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Even if you are just looking for vitamins or herbs, you have to talk to your doctor about which ones are safe for YOU to take. Plus, your doctor needs to know about your anxiety and insomnia. They should be able to help you.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Take a Prenatal Vitamin before you go to bed at night & speak to your OBGYN about the anxiety. Insomnia is normal but try to take a nap during the day & try to enjoy the Pregnancy, it will be over soon & you'll have a little person to care for. Congrats!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• These are things you SHOULD be talking to your DOCTOR about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2013