Brest to botttle

I nurse my little guy Finley and haven't given him a bottle yet but I do plan to start pumping and letting daddy take some night feedings. Does anyone recommend any good bottles that are close to breast? With my other three I nursed and used a few different bottles but none of the boys seemed to like them.

Pay920

Asked by Pay920 at 3:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried to say Advent bottles not agent. Sorry. Congratulations by the way!
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/594/calma <---- Calma Medila bottle is great my daughter is 3 months old she has only had the bottle a hand full of times, but from the research I did I believe this is the best bottle and she has no problem with it. I like the fact that If she stops sucking the milk flow stops ( it has a 2 way valve) so she can pause as if she was on the breast. I ordered mine online from target $17.00 but like I said I like it.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 3:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Thank you, Ive been doing some research and found a few I ordered but I was just wondering if any mommies had the inside scoop on bottles :)
    Pay920

Comment by Pay920 (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I ONLY use Dr. Browns Bottles. They are excellent. I love the name Finley too BTW!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Avent bottles are what the lactation consultant gave me with my 4th in the hospital when I told her we planned to supplement. I tried the liner ones with my older 3 and none if them would take them. My sil gave me some dr browns so I tried them too. Avent were the ones we stuck with and I love that when we switched to sippy cups we only had to buy the lid/spout.

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Big NO on the Calma. Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants have found that the Calma causes breast refusal.

And to be honest, dad feeding night bottles can be hazardous to your supply. You CAN do it, but iof you do you must get up and pump while he feeds. Not much extra rest there! Better for Dad to take other things off your hands.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2013

• i use the lansinoh
    jemmyeve

Answer by jemmyeve at 12:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Dr. Brown's bottles were a godsend. Once I found those, my baby went back and forth from breast to bottle with no trouble.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I have a lot of friends who swear by the Breastflow bottle.  I have never really researched it though.  My kids did fine with the Evenflow Purely comfi.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Whatever works for you.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2013