Need recommendations for a great vacuum cleaner!

Prefer a bagless, needs to have good suction, want it to work well on both carpet and hard surfaces and has great attachments!!!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 12:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Rainbow. Pricey, but I've had mine for 20 years.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Dyson
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Shark Professional is amazing.. it's like a Dyson knock-off the way it sucks and swivels. I use it on carpet and hard floors.. Got it at Costco for about $170, it also has a 5 year warranty. No bags!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Dyson is the only brand I will buy anymore. It's a much better investment than spending $100-150 every year, just to have a vacuum crap out.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Whatever you choose, get it at bed bath and beyond. You can exchange it for a new one no questions asked when it stops working. My friend works there. They will take back anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Depends what you are looking to spend and how long you would like to own it before replacing it again. I have a Eureka that is holding up very well. Might want to check out consumer reports. I can't afford a Dyson so I don't know if they are worth it or not. Most people I have talked to say dyson is not worth the money.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:57 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Rainbow expensive but worth every penny.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:59 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Never heard of the Rainbow; I'll have to check that out.

The one I'd really like to have is an Electrolux canister, if they still work as well as my mom's did. Sfe had hers for something like 40 years!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Rainbow is the best out there..very pricey but you will never have to buy another one again. I have had mine over 20 years, and it still works as the first day, give it maintenance when necessary and it will serve you forever. It works with water, and you get to throw out the stuff it picks up with the water..you can also use perfume or cologne in the water to have a clean smell as you vacuum..the suction is awesome!!!

Answer by older at 4:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I spray scentsy in mine!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2013