What to make with these ingredients...

I have a medium sized eggplant, a yellow squash(that my husband brought back free from the market lol) and a lot of your regular staples.

I also have Tofu so I was hoping to make it a veggie dish just using the Tofu for protein.

Any ideas??

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I've never cooked with tofu, but I don't see why it couldn't work. The first thing that came to mind was a saute for the veggies, and to toss them with pasta and a chunky marinara sauce.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• A squash gratin with thinly slice squash, cream, nutmeg, cheese, salt, pepper. Bake until tender & bubbly. I guess you could crumble the tofu in between layers.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• What about some kind of a stir fry?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I'd sautéed the squash, eggplant and tofu. Make a sauce of some kind. EAt it over rice or pasta.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Stir fry is my answer to everything. lol.

Though an Italian Skillet could be good also. Tomatoes, squash, eggplant, onion, basil and garlic sauteed together with olive oil tossed in pasta serves with Italian crusted tofu slices.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:21 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• That all sounds great...now I just have to pick one. I don't have too many tomatoes but I have a few...just finally got my first ripe one of my plants...plenty of green ones on there though lol
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• You don't need a ton of tomatoes in a skillet just enough to 'infuse' the olive oil with flavor while it cooks. Made one last night with 2 roma tomatoes, 1 zucchini, 1/2 a large onion, 2 carrots and 1/3 a bag of frozen spinach(along with basil salt and pepper) with 2/3 of a box of pasta. The olive oil takes on all the veggie flavor and coats the pasta. I make these all the time. Stif fry is my go to meal followed by a skillet dinner. lol. You can throw almost anything in it and it works! Oh! and soup. Kitchen Sink Soup! ;0) Let us know what you end up making and if it's good. I am always looking for new ideas!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I ended up making Squash& Cheese stuffed Ravioli(made the pasta by hand) and Seared eggplant(coated in egg and flour first(didn't have any handy breadcrumbs) with a butter sauce.

Turned out great, first time making Ravioli.
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2013