I did something bad, what should I do now?

Okay, first and foremost I understand I completely set myself up for people to bash, so bash away if you must, I just really need to get this off my shoulders.

So, Friday night I was relaxing with my mom and cousin, having a few drinks. My ex (son's father) ended up coming over to join us (him and I are still close, as friends I mean)... long story about how that happened, so we'll just leave it at that. He ended up having way over his limit, so he slept over.... in my bed. I promise you nothing happened, he went to bed before us anyway. So in the morning my son wakes us up with "Daddy! Why are you here?". That's not even the worst part.... I have a boyfriend of 2 years, and he knows nothing about this. And I feel SO guilty. I know the right thing to do is tell him, but im sure he'll break up with me right? And I don't want that. On the other hand, my son will probably slip and tell him anyway. I'm a complete IDIOT, trust me I know. What are your thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Relationships

• blank stare

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Why did he sleep in your bed? I get having to many and not being able to drive but you could have slept on the couch.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Well ... if you're sure you boht just passed out on the same bed, and nothing happened, then I'd probably keep the incident to yourself and chalk it up as a learning experience.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• You people don't have a couch in the house he could have slept on....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• If nothing happened why say anything? I do wonder why you chose to go lay in the same bed with him, and wonder why the 2 of you we're drinking at your mothers without your boyfriend.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• You didn't do anything?

You prevented a drunk driver. But YEAH hello, COUCH?!?!?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• all of the above are questions that I might ask.... if you really believe your son might slip and tell your sweetheart.... you better come clean with the true story and your stupidity with it. If you don't think your son will say anything .... then ask yourself what you would want your sweetheart to do if he did something stupid like this.... would you want to know? has your boyfriend met your ex?.... that might help in any questions he might have. What would you tell your son to do in this situation? that is usually a good gauge.
    artisticallyinc

Answer by artisticallyinc at 6:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Out of the mouths of babes! Pretty much guaranteed your little one will say something so you should probably say something first.
    I agree with the others, if he was too drunk to drive the couch is where he should have slept. Or you.....unless you wanted to lay next to him just one more time...hmmmm
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Better tell him before he hears it from a child.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• If your boyfriend trusts you there should be no problem. But if there is a next time, it is good for him to stay than drive drunk, but he can always sleep on the couch or the floor.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2013