We were charged $91 for green onions at Walmart

I thought our total was a little outrageous,so I checked the receipt. Yep,he somehow charged us for 63 bunches of green onions. The store doesn't even HAVE that many in stock,lol
A few months ago,we somehow got charged $25 for a 1 lb. package of hamburger. Come to think of it,it may have been the same cashier.
Have you ever caught a huge mistake on a receipt?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• did you catch it before you paid?
    I always count it up as I shop, so I have a pretty good idea of how much it will be when I go to check out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I never let it go to the receipt. I have all the prices in my head and my calculator in hand. If something rings up wrong- I correct it immediately.

That said... HOLY COW!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I had it happen at Subway once. I got charged for an extra six-foot party sub. I had no luck arguing with the cashier--it was a case of the blind chick must not be good at math since her eyes don't work, and I know it because the clerk actually said I must be confused because I can't see--so I got a manager over and she straightened out the mess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I've been pretty lucky as far as that goes but I have been guilty ringing up multiples for customers, lol
    Imagine your prescription costing 798.00 versus 7.98! Yep, that was me but I caught it before the customer paid!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• Once at a local store the cashier accidentally ran my card overcharging me by $200. She couldn't cancel it in time so she gave me cash to take to the bank & deposit in my account. I have noticed certain sale items at some stores don't ring up like they're supposed to, but I always check my receipt before leaving so it can be corrected right there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• We've had the mistake go in our favor before. But it wasn't caught until several days later.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• We were buying one of those tiny little terra cotta flower pots that was like $1.... It rang up for $8 and the cashier started arguing with me! She got to preoccupied with thinking she was right, she forgot to ring up the 4 garden chairs we had, oh well!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I was trying to buy a bottle of Martini & Rossi at a store the other night. It was on clearance for $3.75, but it kept ringing up at $15.99. The customer service dude said that he couldn't override it, in spite of the HUGE yellow sticker on it that almost completely covered the label. He said something like it was against the law, and he signed a paper, and he could get fired..... I didn't buy it. It really ticked me off, and I am now rethinking shopping there again.

And I checked, the clearance sticker had the name of the stuff, and the original price and the amount of your savings, so it really should have been scanning correctly. Now, they just have an angry customer. And a bottle of M&R that they won't be able to sell.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:55 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I usually calculate in my head also before the cashier wait on me...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• I would NOT have paid for that.... I'd have noticed if the price was 90 something dollars over what I expected to pay!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2013