wanting to be induce a week early, has any one been induced a week early?

I am 2 cm dilated an 80% effaced since my last appointment. This is my first child an I'm so ready for him to be here

mommasboy928

Asked by mommasboy928 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't have any medical reasons, Im just being impatient. I feel that if I'm going to be induced after my due date then why not a week before. But I'm worried about c section, I really don't want to go through that
    mommasboy928

Comment by mommasboy928 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2013

• If the baby were ready to be born the week before, the baby would come the week before on his/her own. Your impatience has nothing to do with the baby's readiness. And you're right - induction DOES increase the risk of a c-section.

I was induced at 34 weeks but it was due to medical need.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I was induced four weeks early due to hypertension with number 1 and a week early with number 2. No problem with either.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:03 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Yeah that's something I want to stay away from. I guess I need to just sit back an wait. My husband keeps telling me to let it happen naturally. I just think he isn't ready lol. Thanks ladies so much! :)
    mommasboy928

Comment by mommasboy928 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Babies come when they are ready.
    They will also cry, poop, sleep, eat, and puke when they are ready.
    Welcome to motherhood. You are no longer in charge.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• The last week or two of pregnancy can seem interminable. A lot of us here would sympathize with that. But if there's no medical need for you to be induced, you really ought to just cool your jets and wait. Your body and your baby know what they're doing, and messing with that when you don't have to could create unnecessary risks and complications. Your baby will be here before you know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Also I'm confused on the contractions. Every time my stomach tightens he moves. I'm not sure if its contractions or him moving?
    mommasboy928

Comment by mommasboy928 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I was induced twice... Both for medical reasons. I would not have done it if it otherwise. I find it hard to believe your doc would do this if its not medically nessasary.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I was induced 3 weeks early, but for medical reasons. I ended up with a c-section but that was more my choice. The Induction wasn't going anywhere and I had a feeling that I needed to do the c-section instead of waiting until morning and trying to induce again. Turned out to be the right choice for me(my son would not have survived a vaginal birth attempt, but that was due to my unique situation).

Just wait and baby will come when it is ready.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I was induced because I had toxemia, but after 3 days of being induced (yes they did that) I was still not dialated at all, and my blood pressure shot up dangerously had so they did a c-section. I'd wait until the baby is ready too....although I do undrstand your impatience. Good luck mama!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:44 AM on Sep. 16, 2013