should a father allow his 15year old daughter have her boyfriend spend the night

because her boyfriends dad has to drive 1 hr to come back for him after they visit for the day

boyfriend480

Asked by boyfriend480 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• No. One hour is not that far to drive.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• No, the parents could always meet somewhere to pick up or drop off kids.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• If boyfriend is downstairs and daughter upstairs with parents in between why not. You either trust them in your house or you don't. If you don't trust them in the house with an adult then how can you trust them out together with no adult around?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• The two families should figure out what works for them and what they are & aren't willing to do.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 12:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Definitely not, unless you're all on board with becoming grandparents.

Why does a 15 year old girl have a boyfriend that far away in the first place?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• in TOTALLY different rooms...*maybe*
    I think it would depend on a few other things as well

*I mean if they are going to get into that kind of trouble- they will do it, spending the night in the same house or not so...there's that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• This question leaves a bad taste in my mouth...
    Many men wouldn't question whether or not some teenage boy should be alone with his child. (because they were once teenage boys themselves)
    Many women wouldn't second guess their partners decision (especially after hearing the reasoning, which is often not that the male doesn't trust the daughter, but because the male understands how other males think)

The screen name causes pause: is this one of the children in question attempting to undermine the authority of the father?
    or
    A mother in attempting to undermine the authority of the father?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Are you the boyfriend, the dad or the daughter?

Because none of you would have any business being on this website.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• It wouldn't fly at my house. That doesn't sound like an emergency reason to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• When I was 18 my parents allowed my bf to stay overnight on the couch on the 2nd floor, my bedroom was on the 3rd floor above their room. He lived an hour away and did it several times. At 15? I don't think so. No reason he has to stay so late at night.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2013