Child Models

Has your child ever modeled for anything ? Did you have an agent or ?

Any ideas on how to get started besides getting an agent, classes etc...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• We took my son to an agency when he was just under a year. He couldn't sit still, like, at all. No way I would have subjected him (or us!!) to hours of sitting and waiting at auditions as active as he is. Even now at 5 years old it wouldn't go over well. If HE decided he wanted to and kept good behavior at auditions we might consider it. Otherwise if he's not in to it, I won't force him.

Anyway, there's a bunch of ways to get started. Google agencies in your area and call and make an appointment. After the meet with you if they're interested in your child they'll tell you what to do from there. Headshots are EXPENSIVE.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Both of my kids have modeled in fashion shows, and one did an ad for a parents magazine, I have a friend who owns a children's clothing store, and an agent saw my DS at the fashion show. I allowed him to do the magazine ad, and he was paid $500. She was pushing us to allow him to do more, but didn't want this for him, as he found it boring. You should be able to google agents in your area, and aside from head shots that you would pay for, there should be no fee other than the 10-20 percent they would take for booking a child.
    If they expect you to pay, that means they are not legit, and you need to make sure this is something your child not YOU wants to do, all parents think they have cute kids, but it doesn't mean they should be models.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• No, I wouldn't want to put my child through that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I did petite modeling when I was a teen. I was trying on clothes in a local store where they were pulling clothes for a shoot. A size 1 model didn't show, guy asked me wasn't I a size 1, then offered me a job which led to others. A friend of mine took modeling classes through a local agency who promised to book her for at least 1 shoot. She did the 1 shoot and that was it, but the modeling classes helped a lot with her poise, confidence and learning to dress for her body.

Answer by missanc at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2013