After maintaining the same weight for 5 weeks...I gained 5 pounds in two days?!

I was maintaining my weight the past 5 weeks...I've been eating super healthy per my doctor's request because I've gained too much weight.

Well, I weigh myself daily and suddenly I had gained 3 pounds and now it's a total of 5 in just two days.

This keeps happening to me during this pregnancy. I will gain up to 9 pounds in 4 weeks. It's scary! I don't eat bad...I eat very healthy, exactly how my doctor tells me too...if anything I don't think I'm eating enough and I just rapidly gain weight.

What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• first- why are you weighing so often - I mean we fluctuate anyway and I'm sure still do during pregnancy...
    keep eating right and let it go
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Because I had an eating disorder before I got pregnant. I will never understand why women get shitty with a woman that is obviously already down.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I will never understand why women get shitty with a woman that is obviously already down.
    *****

if that was directed at me, I wasn't trying to be "shitty" to you. I was telling you that it's okay, and our weight fluctuates and if you are eating right not to worry.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• It's not okay to have gained 30 pounds already when I'm only 28 weeks pregnant. I have been struggling this entire pregnancy...I already had body image issues and I've been trying really hard to eat right, keep my weight in check and still take care of me and baby...and no matter what I do, I'm still gaining "Too much" by my doctor's standards. It's not so easy for me to "let it go" when I have to deal with my own screwed up mind and my doctor nagging me every appointment. I don't understand why I'm gaining so much and it's just hurting me emotionally...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Usually that much weight in a short amount of time, is a result of salt. Since I do not know you, or what you are eating, I can't pinpoint where it's coming from. Drink more water and try adding in some exercise. Tell the doctor to stick it where the sun don't shine. You are following his directions and it's not working for you. He should try to be more helpful. Increase your water intake to flush excess sodium out and try not to add any salt to your food. Most foods do contain more sodium than we realize. Also have him check your thyroid. Pregnancy can really mess up your thyroid and in turn it can mess up your body with weight changes. Just a thought.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• The last time you wrote about this you were ADAMANT that you'd never had an eating disorder. I ever stuck up for you when someone said you did because you told me your doctor was angry about your weight gain.

Now you're saying you did have BDD. Did your doctor actually counsel you on your weight gain or did you make that up? Because you're obsessing about your weight now and that cannot be good for the baby. Further, I'm honestly not sure I believe half of what you say anymore.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• If you are going through pregnancy with an eating disorder, it might help you to write down every single thing that passes between your lips. Keep a food journal. My sister had to do that because the whole body image thing played hell with her mind during pregnancy; she was recovering from anorexia. It helped her to look at her food choices, in black and white, and see that she wasn't doing anything wrong, no matter what the scale said.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Sounds like you should get into some counseling to help with your negative body imagine and eating disorder. Sometimes other pregnancy related issues come up and can cause weight gain but if your really feeling bad about it I'd tell your OB or midwife your struggling with an eating disorder and also keep an eye out for other signs or symptoms. If your retaining salt you could have preeclampsia just monitor other things. And get some help, you've still a while on your pregnancy.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2013