What are some foods you can freeze?

Other than the obvious meats?

List anything and everything ladies! I am going grocery shopping and am planning on stocking up for a few months so freezing foods will help a lot!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• The list is too long. I suggest you google it for a print out.
    Basically anything that is not milk, cheese or egg based.
    There are others but the great majority of things you can freeze if yu do it correctly.
    So, if I may ask, why the stockpiling for three months?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Ive been really tight on money lately and got a bonus that i am going to be using just for food. Im not poor or anything but ive been buying the bare necessities for food lately and i decided to just use this to stock up on food.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• get pasta, rice, meat, frozen veggies, frozen fruit, you could freeze bread / rolls...

dont freeze cheese- it comes out WEIRD (at least in my experience)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• http://onceamonthmeals.com/

This site is very helpful. 

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• 1.Buy a pork butt roast, slow cook it for several hours, shred and then freeze for pulled pork BBQ

2. Buy a brisket, marinade in whatever you'd like (I use Claude's Brisket Sauce) for 24 hours then slow cook. You can shred or cut into chunks for several meals

3. Make a huge pot of vegetable soup. That can easily be frozen into several meals. Same goes for chili

4. Pioneer Woman's mac and cheese recipe is delish (although I suspect it isn't "hers") and it freezes well

5. Buy five pounds of ground beef and break it into one pound segments. One pound of taco meat, one pound made into homemade spaghetti sauce, one for meatloaf and one for meatballs
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• You can freeze...

Bread
    MILK
    Veggies and Fruits- CHOP THEM FIRST- lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet to freeze then put into bags
    Already frozen foods :P
    Lunchmeats

What else? I'm drawing a blank. Go for dried beans and canned goods too. But don't freeze those.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Another option is to buy fresh and save the remainder of your money... To go back to the store later and buy more fresh foods.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• almost anything as long as you know how!

Veggies, fruit, eggs(cooked), milk, some yogurts, bread, muffins, pancakes, cheese blocks (not cream, ricotta, ect) soups, casseroles, pies...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I don't like the way potatoes come out of the freezer but any dish with noodles is fine, or spaghetti sauce if you want to cook the noodles later.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• You could even look into freezer "cooking," where you prep meals and freeze them to re-heat or finish cooking at a later date. Makes dinner time SO much easier, and there are TONS of options/recipes :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2013