My period is 8 days late & I got a negative pregnancy test..... what should i do? i never missed a period before...

mom1023

Asked by mom1023 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did you test first thing in the morning? If not, test again. If it is still negative, schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN for a blood test. For some people, they don't show up as positives on a home pregnancy test. There is also a chance that you are not pregnant and you are just stressed or it could be something else. That something else could be minor or something serious. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• The same thing we told you to do the other day. Go to the doctor to A) confirm you are not pregnant and B) find out why you missed your period.
    Didn't think we could be much plainer than that.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• No I took it a like almost 40 minutes ago & I really dont know what's going on....
    mom1023

Comment by mom1023 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Should I take another one in a week or what? This is really something else because I never missed a period & now all of a sudden I'm 8 days late....
    mom1023

Comment by mom1023 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Take one in the morning. If it is negative, schedule a doctor's appointment. Chances are, it will be at least a week before they will be able to get you in the office.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• You always take a pregnancy test with your first morning urine. Not at 7pm.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Life goes on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Youre not pregnant so stop testing
    Youve an STD. Go see your doc for meds
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• Is this the fly larvae person?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• The tests are pretty sensitive (whether or not you use first morning urine, most these days clearly state you do not need to). You are most likely not pregnant. You need to go to the dr to find out why your period isn't coming.

Answer by missanc at 5:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2013