Son adult content

My son has a beautiful 15 month daughter he lives with her mom and she has 2 other kids and just took in a 9 month old from schizophrenic cousin. He is in a horrible situation and then the malt liquor drinking grandma lives with the. I want him to get out of this mess , pay child support and leave her with trashy family. As mom what can I do to calm my nerves. Being with this girl he has to be with entire trashy family

di967134

Asked by di967134 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 3 (-4 Credits)
  • He needs to be a man and get his family out of the living situation if it's not healthy for them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• He's an adult. You let him live his life and when HE wants to change, be there for him. If you did your job raising him he will see they lifestyle is not what he wants for himself and his daughter.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• It's his life... he's the one who has to live it. Try not passing judgement on her family until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• I want him to get out of this mess 

Does he want out of the relationship or are you wanting him out? He is an adult and will need to make his own decisions. He may be staying because he doesn't want to live without seeing his daughter every day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2013

• You are WANTING him to leave his child?! WTF would you want that? If it is as bad as you say it is, he is the only stable influence in her life. Not that it matters, he is a grown man and he will do what he thinks is best for him and his family.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2013