Any suggestions what may help pls no mean answers

I feel like I am unable to keep up my husband works rigs and leaves home at 5 in the morning and gets home either at or after our toddlers bedtime and sometimes mine. we live very far from our family and friends and I have no help we have a large acreage and I have to deal with cleaning cooking all the household chores the yard EVERYTHING I am 5 months pregnant still morning sick and am just starting to feel like I just want to run away ( I could never actually) I can't figure put how to just relax :-( any suggestions to help the stress ..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Relationships

• Have you got a sister or a cousin that might be ok with living with you for a while?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Do what you can when you can. Might want to hire a housecleaner to do it all once then keep up with it. Will be harder to do anything with a baby and a toddler.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Try to simplify things.....like simple meals and cleaning on a rotation so that not everything needs to be done on one particular day. I used to do it all in one day. Now I do baths on one day, floors on another, etc. Plus limit the yard work to only that which absolutely has to be done. You might hire someone to help with some things like with the heaviest, most tiring, tasks. Make sure there is fun in your day too. Take a break and simply enjoy your child and/or the sun and fresh air.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Hire someone to take care of the lawn, if you have a farm you might need to hire someone to do chores, you should be able to keep up with the housework, if at 5 months you are still have morning sickness bad enough as in all day- you need to discuss this with your doctor, please don't tell me there isn't enough money to hire someone to take care of the lawn, if that is the case you need to sell it and move somewhere smaller.
    Your husband should make pretty good money if he works on rigs, can't you just ask him to get you some help?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Your pregnant, relax. Why do you think you have to do it all? All the time?

Answer by louise2 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• what do you have to do in the yard?
    push or riding?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• You are probably nesting, which is 100% normal during pregnancy. I remember i couldnt stay still either, always wanting to clean. But maybe try to take it easy a little more. Make a small chores list everyday, but nothing too big, and stick ONLY to those chores.
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• The biggest thing--decide you don't have to be perfect, and stick to that decision. As long as your kid is fed,your house is sanitary and able to be lived in, and your yardisn't a jungle, you're fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• Time to choose what you're going to do. You CANNOT do it all. So do what MUST be done. And hire out for what you cannot personally do. I'd be hiring out for the yard.

The house does NOT need to be spotless. Check out FlyLady.net for some great info that can keep your house just fine in 15 minutes a day.

If hubby wants the place spotless hand him a MOP. If he does ANYTHING with that mop besides clean the floor, then it might be time to move out.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2013