How scheduled are you as a parent??

In our house were on a pretty strict schedule and don't deviate much, other then our 1 month old but Finley doesn't count. My other three are on their schedules and I feel like they thrive on it and dont like when we change it with out telling the. I really like that my boys are on such a routine, schedule, I feel like it helps them, they always know what to expect from dinner time, to bath and bed and everything in between. I know I also do best as a mom if im on schedule, if I know that ive got an hour to get the house clean before Finley and Levi wake from their naps. I love knowing that on Saturdays the boys sleep in till 8:30 and then its off to hockey, soccer and swim lessons at 11. Any other mommas out there who keep their kiddos on a tight schedule ?? Or any parents who don't and it works well for them ?

Pay920

Asked by Pay920 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in General Parenting

• We do too ..it's best that way..no arguements.
    MadisMomma1969

Answer by MadisMomma1969 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We have a fairly set schedule. I also think that it works well for most kids, gives them a sense of stability. My oldest has autism and needs the consistency more than most, but I also think if I had fewer kids (I have 5) I would have much more flexibility.

Answer by missanc at 5:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I have a schedule, but it's flexible. I stick to it as much as possible, but I actually do better with the flexibility than trying to rigidly stick to a set schedule. Ours isn't so much a dinner at X, bath at Y, bed at Z, but more dinner between X and Y, bath around Z, etc.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We do not have a strict schedule. Not that the girls (they are 5 and 6) get to do whatever they want,but I get home from work any time between 3 and 4:30 so dinner is not always at the exact same time and they start getting ready for bed between 7and 730, but event hat can vary depending on the day. Both teh girl are ok with things like this and I do not see any bad effect from in.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We have a pretty scheduled life. My son is autistic,and we have "rules' about what,and when we do things

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'd go crazy with a tight schedule. Weekday morning routines are the same so we get to school/work on time (and we always do *knock on wood* lol), and my son's bedtime routine is the same. That's about it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We have a schedule, but it is pretty flexible. It sounds a bit like wendy's. Everything is around a certain time, but it really depends a the events of the day, etc. My 15, wait she's 16 mos old now, DD just went thru a transition from 2 naps a day to 1. That was fun, not. Some days, she needed 2 naps, and then other days she took one long nap, so wriggle room is must. That might change when my kids get older.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We have more of a routine than a schedule. I do it for myself as much as I do it for them. I wind up very frazzled if things aren't going according to what I expect from the day. Around here, from the time we wake up, things naturally progress in an order that's logical to us.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I'm probably not scheduled enough. School has tightened the routine around here a bit. Not that it was anything goes before, but I never was a slave to the clock very much.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• We have a schedule, but it's pretty flexible.

My alarm goes off at 7 and I hit snooze at least once. *I'm* up by 7:30. I get my kids up by 8:00, 7:30 if one needs a shower in the morning. 8:40 we leave to go to school. I get home at 9:30 and do whatever I need to do for the day. The kids get home at 4:00. They get a snack, or early dinner, depending on the day. They do homework, and we head off to Taekwondo. Our classes are at different times every day. When we get home it's showers and to bed. If they didn't sweat much in Taekwondo I let them skip the shower until morning.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2013