What kind of teen were you?

What kind of teen were you and do you want your kids to be the same as you were or better than you were?

GarysWife1991

Asked by GarysWife1991 at 5:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I was a pretty good kid, never got into any kind of trouble. Our children were about the same as we were. My grandchildren(the oldest is now 15) are all doing well, too. We have been blessed to never have had to deal with a lot of the stuff that many families have to deal with, and we are thankful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I got decent grades and was a pretty good kid
    I did start drinking a bit before 18 but I never got into trouble or anything

do I want my kids to drink in parking lots? no
    if they want to have a drink- they can do it at home where I know there will be no driving or getting into trouble. It really hasn't come up with them. That was absolutely NOT an option for me as a teen...

do I want my kids to get decent grades- was never an issue with my daughter and YES I wish my son would!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I got good grades and was very conservative. I'd like my children to study hard and also to have fun- not including drink or drugs.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I did a lot of bad things when I was younger(12-14). Stealing, skipping school, running away from home, going home with a strange man(nothing happened, I swear!), cutting myself, overdosing on pills. But as soon as I got sent to a foster home I changed. Going to school, doing my homework, I was even on the honor roll! I would rather have him act that way then the way I was when I was 12-14 years old. But I had had a lot of issues back then like abusive parents and had years of therapy...my son doesn't have that problem.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I was a great kid,despite what was going on at home
    Didn't drink,smoke,do drugs,skip school,or get in trouble at all
    All i did was become sexually active at 16
    I read alot,went roller skating,hung out with my friends,and stayed out of trouble
    I'd love it if my son did the same

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I was a pretty good teen. Good grades, the leader of my Bible study group, homecoming court, soccer, etc.

BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 8:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• And honestly, I can't even imagine my kids as teens yet. I'll come back in a few years to answer that.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 8:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• i was a good teen until i turned 16. and it had nothing to do with how my parents raised me. but i do hope that my kids will want better for themselves at that age than i did.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• I was a bad ass teen. Hated being told what to do. Hated my family life. Ran away. Couldn't wait to be an adult.

Answer by louise2 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2013

• If you asked my mom, I was horribly delinquent and rude and defiant.

In truth. I never went out. I never partied, or did drugs or alcohol, or ANYTHING.

The only thing I did do was become my own person with my own opinions which I kept to myself. I helped out around the house. I went to school, got good grades, went to band practice, and came home.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2013